When you are facing a private issue that requires the attention of a skilled Bergen County, New Jersey family law attorney, HD Family Law can help. We guide clients through the legal process, making sure that they are always well informed about their rights, the issues surrounding their case, and all the options that are available. When you need legal help, call our attorneys at 866.937.9990 or contact us online to discuss your case.
Family Law Attorney | Serving Bergen County, New Jersey & the Five Boroughs
Issues involving family law can be contentious. When emotions get heated, it is important that you remain calm. Our New Jersey and New York family lawyers work as neutral third parties, making sure that you are not blinded by issues that can have a huge effect on your family. At the same time, we work hard to make sure that your rights are protected. We always keep your needs at the forefront of our approach to serving you.
Our Family Law Services
Regardless of the family law matter you’re facing, you can depend on our legal team to fight for the best outcome possible on your behalf. When you retain the services of our skilled and compassionate Bergen County, New Jersey family law attorney, you can have peace of mind, knowing your case is in good hands. We can help you with any of the following issues, and more:
- Adoption: Adopting a child is both selfless and rewarding, though it frequently poses certain legal challenges. We’d be honored to take you through the process.
- Child Custody: Courts will try to look out for the best interests of your child, but no one knows what those are as well as you do. Our firm can help fight for a custody agreement that best suits your child and his or her needs.
- Child Support: Custodial parents frequently require financial support to help them afford to raise their children. Our legal team is here to help you receive it.
- Domestic Violence: If you’re a victim of domestic violence, the state of New Jersey offers you several protections. We can help ensure you and your family gets to safety.
- Prenuptial Agreement: Prenuptial agreements are valuable tools for spouses-to-be who are looking to protect their hard-earned assets from a potential divorce. We can help you draft an agreement that best suits your needs.
- Relocation: Divorced custodial parents looking to move out of state with their children must either get permission from the other parent or the courts. If your ex opposes you relocating with your child, we can take your case to court and work to prove the move would be in your child’s best interests.
Preparing Yourself for Court
Court appearances can be quite frightening, especially when custody of your child or the ownership of certain high worth assets or property are on the line. That is why we work with you before your court experience to synthesize all information and be prepared to put your best foot forward in a short amount of time.
Being prepared for court includes:
- Being present at each and every scheduled family court or divorce court appearance unless told otherwise by your attorney
- Only bring absolutely necessary belongings and documents
- You should dress with respect. You do not have to wear a suit, but should come in business casual attire
- You should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your court appearance. You will have to go through metal detectors and the line might long
- You should only be late in case of emergency and should contact the office immediately to make us aware of the reason why you are late or unable to appear
During Your Trial
Make sure you eat something before court. There is no way to predict the amount of time you will be in court. While we do our best to expedite the process, there is a chance you may be there for most of the day. Please plan accordingly.
Please do not Google questions you may have prior to the court appearance. Often time one person’s facts and circumstances are very different than yours and you will be armed with the wrong information. Our team at HD Family Law is always more than happy and willing to answer any and all questions you may have and discuss strategies with you to prepare you for your court appearances.
Lastly, please do not bring a group of people, especially if you are aware of any animosity between the other party and the individual accompanying you. We recommend either one friend or family member who is calm, presentable, supportive, and non-confrontational.
Assistance through a Stressful Process
Court is a stressful place and you do not need someone there who makes it even more difficult for you. We will be there for you every step of the way. We prepare you with the knowledge and confidence you need to get through any court appearance and any situation that may come up during your family court or divorce procedure.
Contact HD Family Law Today
Our family law and divorce attorneys provide emotional support and the legal wherewithal and expertise that can lead to a victory for our clients. Whether you need help expanding your family through adoption, or if you are contemplating divorce, the legal process can be complex, stressful, costly, and time-consuming if not done right the first time. Our lawyers work hard to get things right the first time. We are fluent in Russian, and English to help you in the language that you are most comfortable with. The bottom line is that if you’re facing a complicated family law matter, you can feel confident in your decision to turn to a Bergen County, New Jersey family law attorney right here at HD Family Law. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.